Sunday, April 20, 2014

Hong Kong Trip - March 2014 - Day 2

Ocean Park Day!

We started our day by grabbing breakfast first at a McDonald's near our hotel. After breakfast, we went back to the hotel to ask the bell boys to get us a taxi (costs around 100 to 150 HKD) and instruct the driver to bring us to Ocean Park. We arrived at the park around 11 to 11:30 am when the sun was at it's highest but it was okay with us because the weather was great... sunny skies and cold wind (the perfect combination for a sunburn so I made sure G and I wore long sleeved shirts).





*Note: Taking the train and bus to go to Ocean Park is cheaper. Take the train from Tsim Sha Tsui station and go down at Admiralty. Take Exit B and look for the bus station. Get on the Citybus Route 629. Travel time is around 30 minutes and will cost around 30 HKD for adults (25 HKD for children).



















It has been over 2 decades since I first went to Ocean Park so I can hardly remember what it looks like. It was a fun and exciting moment both for me and G. We were very happy to explore the park while leaving my in-laws near the train express station to rest hihihihi!

G and I weren't able to check out all the rides and attractions at Ocean Park because we were worried that my in-laws might be getting bored while waiting for us. We just took some pictures and then went back to the train express station to go back to home.








Since we arrived at the hotel earlier than we expected, my MIL and I rested for a bit before walking from Mody Road all the way to Canton Road to shop :) I love having 2 mothers who love to shop (my mom and my MIL)! It was already 8 pm when we decided to grab some quick dinner and head back to the hotel. We took the taxi to go back to the hotel which only costs 20 HKD from the Star Ferry station at Canton Road.








Tips:
1. Ask the hotel concierge to write the name of your hotel in Chinese characters because not all of the taxi drivers can speak and read English.
2. If you will take the taxi most of the time, ask the concierge or bell boy to tell the taxi driver where you are going.
3. Always have small bills with you so you don't have to wait for the taxi driver to give you a change - faster transaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment