Monday, February 24, 2014

Lunch at Alex III

We've (M and I) been passing by this Alex III restaurant at Matalino street for the longest time and last week we decided to try it out. It's been a long time since we last dined there so we weren't sure if the menu have changed.


There were a lot of delicious food that I wanted to order but since I know that M and I can't finish all of it, we just ordered the usual (all time favorite) pork barbeque. We also tried their sinigang na pork ribs (pork ribs in tamarind soup). The price is affordable since the serving is big (good for 2), the barbeque only costs Php 199 while the sinigang costs around Php 350.

They serve mostly Filipino food so the dessert made me a bit excited because they have bibingka and puto bumbong. Too bad that I wasn't able to order any of their desserts because I was already full.

Here are some pictures from the menu:





Here's what we ordered:




The meat of the barbecue was soft so it was easy to chew and it goes well with their barbecue sauce and java rice. The soup of the sinigang is sour and spicy, just the way I like my sinigang soup :) We weren't able to finish the pork ribs though because it tasted a bit old/malansa.

All in all, I would recommend this restaurant because of the variety of Filipino food that you can order and its affordability plus their waiters are very courteous and attentive.



Alex III
29 Matalino St. Brgy Central, Diliman, Q.C.

726 4444 / 724 0882 / 724 7794


*They also have branches in Wilson St., Tomas Morato, Fairview and Robinson's Galleria.

No comments:

Post a Comment